Monday, July 10, 2017

My upcoming Zentangle Class at the Chapin Library

In the event that you are in the Myrtle Beach, SC area on Thursday, July 20, 2017, I will be teaching a Zentangle 101 class at the Chapin Library.  There is no charge for the class with the exception of $5.00 for supplies, which include 3 tiles, a Micron pen, a paper blender and a small pencil for shading.  I also include hand outs that show the step by step process of each tangle taught in the class.  If you have your own supplies though I do invite you to bring them with you then your cost would be zero!  Just click on this link to sign up, the cut off date to register is July 17th, you have the option to call Wanda or email her to book your spot.  The class will take place between 2-4 PM.  My students generally complete 3 Apprentice size tiles which measure 4.5" square during the class.  I teach not only the basic Zentangle concept but enough tangles to lay a foundation that can quickly be built upon to create small masterpieces.  Here is a sampling of what my students were able to achieve in 2 hours last year at the Surfside Library class:


Not one of these students had any previous experience with Zentangle, some had never even heard of it before.

So if learning Zentangle has been on your bucket list I hope you will take advantage of this opportunity.  Most people find that is an incredibly relaxing art form and helps to cope with anxiety while opening up an amazing pathway to individual creativity.

I invite you to release your creativity, only by taking the risk of learning new skills can we grow artistically.  I hope to see you there.  Hugs ~ Renee

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you a wonderful day, teaching the zentangle art, Renee - greetings from Denmark ,x

    ReplyDelete