Thursday, June 15, 2017

A Tangerine Master Board Becomes an All Occasion Card~ an AIRs Project







Like most crafters I have a stash of cards that can be used at a moment’s notice. When I make master boards I generally make a few cards or ATCs with whatever remains after I complete the main project and into my emergency reserve they go.  Our color challenge for the AIRs design team at Imagine Crafts this month was “Tangerine”, a cheerful color of summer, so I decided to make a master board combining all the different shades of orange that I have on hand. Objects in nature are never a single flat color but generally an eye pleasing combination of multiple shades of one color, including tangerines. This card has a nice masculine feel to it but can also has a feminine side to it with the addition of some paper flowers in the upper corner.

Skill: All levels
Time: 1 hour

Directions

Step one:  Create a monochromatic master board using different shades of orange.  Spray water on a piece of Mixed Media paper, this one measures 11” by 14”.  Lay a stencil or a piece of laser cut paper on top of the wet paper and with a large dauber begin pouncing different colors of orange inks through the design.  Keep blending the colors through the stencil, spraying more water during the process if necessary. The wet paper can be blotted off onto another piece of Mixed Media paper which almost has the same effect as a Gelli Plate design. The stencil can also be wiped off with a baby wipe onto the paper so that none of the ink goes to waste; this creates additional self-designed papers to be used later. Dry the paper with a heat tool.



Step two: Cut a piece of the master board measuring 2 ½” by 3 ½” (standard ATC size). Decorate with a bird die cut that also came from the master board paper, Washi tape and stamp a sentiment, heat emboss with clear embossing powder.



Step three: Mat panel on black, gray and orange cardstock.



Step four: Mat the entire panel onto black cardstock and then mount onto patterned paper.


     
Step five: Glue the finished panel onto a blank white card. Color a few paper flowers with ink, spritzing water on them then blotting with a paper towel until the desired color is achieved. When the flowers are dry attach them to the upper corner of the card with a strong adhesive.





Here is the list of supplies that I used:


Supply List
Imagine Supplies
StazOn-Jet Black
Memento Luxe-Morocco
Brilliance-Pearlescent Rust
VersaMagic-Mango, Persimmon
Radiant Neon-Electric Orange
Memento Marker-Teal Zeal for eye color
Clear Embossing Powder
Large dauber

Other supplies
Stamps-Sizzix Bird Talk
Die-Sizzix Alterations “Bird Talk”, Big Kick machine
Washi Tape-Idea-ology Sketchbook
11” by 14” Strathmore 140 lb. Mixed Media paper
Cardstock-black, gray, orange, laser cut paper
White blank card measuring 6 ½” by 5”
Heat tool
Baby wipes
Paper towels

Thanks for stopping by today, I always appreciate your visits.  Why not leave a comment so I know you were here?  Have a great day, hugs ~ Renee





5 comments:

  1. Thank you for this great tutorial, Renee! And I LOVE your blog...delightful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute crazy bird card! I'm slowly getting a small stash of cards when the original idea doesn't come out the way I planned and doesn't work for the planned occasion. Then I find myself with an any occasion card for my stash. I always love the inspiration you provide with your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, very lovely card, love that bird, washi tape and stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card. Great bird!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You amaze me how you can put together these elements, I would not to have thought to use the flowers with the bird! You did and it is just lovely!
    hugs my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete