Friday, February 6, 2015

The February Challenge~Show Us Your Stenciling


The February Challenge with Craft Stamper will be "Take A Technique": Stenciling.  To enter the challenge just create a project that includes some stenciling and, of course, stamping.  There is no special stenciling technique that needs to be used just any kind of stenciling.  If you don't own any stencils you can still participate by making your own by using die cuts or cutting your own stencil out of plastic or paper.  Be creative!  Here is what I created as my first project.  It is a 6" by 6" canvas with some stenciling.


I began by covering my canvas with gesso and allowing it to dry.  I used StazOn Studio Glaze to create the colorful background.

When I had color then I added some random stamping.  When the stamping was to my liking I used some Artistcellar stencils to add texture to the canvas with gesso.  The rays came from the Divine stencil which is part of the Sacred Hearts series.  Then I added the circles and squares from Dyan Reaveley's Chequered Dots stencil.  After the canvas had dried then I worked on my central image, a boy and his dog.


The image is an old one from Stampers Anonymous but I still love it.  I colored this with the same StazOn Studio Glaze.  It was stamped on glossy cardstock so I used rubbing alcohol to move the colors around and blend them.  The red Studio Glaze was applied directly to the number five which makes the color very deep and shiny.  Then I used pop dots to adhere this to the canvas.  A simple knob and some ribbon on the top and this project is done!


Join in the fun, you have plenty of time!  Stay warm ~ Hugs, Renee xxx

9 comments:

  1. Renee your canvas is outstanding! It’s always pleasure to admire your colourful creations!
    Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun canvas with lots of great color. That boy and dog image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Queen of Stencils and this proves it.
    Stunning colours applied to this stamped image and I like the way you topped it with the touch of ribbon co-ordinating with the art.
    Renee, sorry I have not managed to stop by and visit more often.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee blown away. ..adore your canvas, love the image and the glorious finishing touch....door know. ..looove! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to watch you do the technique with the image and rubbing alcohol! This is one of my favorite images! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, the is an amazing canvas. I realize that you created it for the Craft Stamper February challenge, but is is just good art! Love the background--lots of interest, yet does not overpower your adorable image! It's no wonder you are on the DT! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous canvas Renee! I love those layers for your base- and I too am fond of those rays-
    And what is this technique you spoke of with the alcohol inks? Is it in your archives? Love that stamp too- almost forgot- what set is that from? You amaze me every time!!
    Hope you are safe &warm xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous depth and colours on your creation !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many details...and all fits so well together!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete