Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Little Book of Secrets Class with Nancy Lefko

I had the joy and privilege of taking my first class with Nancy Lefko last week at Ink About It and it was a delight!



 The class is called "Little Book of Secrets".  It is an all day class in which we learned how to make tiny 3" by 3" books using a canvas on either ends to make a collage style book.  Here is what we had to look at for samples:

Closed book with Elmer Glue technique
Open book with Vaseline technique
Interior of Nancy's book when it is fully extended, just one side

Here are a few shots of the classroom and what some of the students had created.  It was wonderful!








This is one of my two little books, neither are completely finished to my satisfaction but you can see part of the process.



If you ever have the chance to take one of Nancy's classes I would highly recommend it!  I know if I ever have the chance to take another with her I'm definitely in.  I didn't feel at all rushed and felt free to express my art by using my personal favorite colors, etc.  It was great.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today.  If you have time please leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.  Take care ~ Renee

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a lovely endorsement, Renee. I'm so glad you enjoyed the class and I hope that our paths cross again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous again-lol! How fabulous-magic woven into those pages. Renee, show us yours when you finish-pretty please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wishing I could have been there, but I am all signed up to attend Art-Is-You in Stamford, CT, in October this year, and that alone has shot my "class" budget for the year. The samples are intriguing, and you work, as usual, is amazing! I am so glad that you could go, Renee. Perhaps another year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine what a fun creative time you had in that class. These little books are sweet! I could see them as an on-going add to without even trying too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fabulous this would be to be participating in such a class.
    We can tell you had such creative fun that day.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are lucky Renee, that looks fab!!! :) Mwah! Coco

    ReplyDelete